Most of our mornings are cram packed with activities even before we head for the office. Energy is a must, and nothing can give us that boost like a smoothy filled with dark green goodness. I’ve researched the net and found my 6 favorite smoothies you can blend at home and get the max punch of energy to turn your blah mornings into something fantastic.
We all have to admit we don’t consume the right amount of vegetables we should but with these green smoothies, you’ll get plenty and then some. ENJOY!
Spinach Apple Surprise
- 1 cup Spinach, packed
- 1 cup Chopped Mango
- 1 cup Kale (The uncurly kind), packed
- 1 Apple (Cut and Cored)
- ½ cup Coconut Water
Add all the ingredients and blend away for 30 to 45 seconds on high. With this great iron boost, you’ll be sharp and alert and capable of tackling anything.
Cucumber Basil Brain Booster
- The juice of 2 Grapefruits
- 2 Mint Leaves
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 cucumbers (peeled)
- 5-6 Sprigs of Fresh Basil
- ¼ cantaloupe
Add all ingredients and blend. If you don’t like the thickness, use a cheesecloth and strain the pulp. Don’t forget to give that cloth a good squeeze so you don’t miss anything. Serve chilled for best results.
Green Fruit Renegade
- 1 cup Coconut water
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1 cup of Spinach, packed
- 1 cup frozen Strawberries
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
Add ingredients to the blender and mix well until smooth and ooooohhhhh, it’s sooooo good.
Green Cinnamon Dream
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- ½ small Avocado
- ¼ tsp Almond Flavoring
- ¼ tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
Mix all ingredients into a blender and blend away until smooth. Yum!
Green Protein Warrior
- 1 cup Kale or Baby Spinach, packed
- 1 large Apple peeled and cored
- ½ fresh red grapefruit juice
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 celery stalk, large (about ¾ cup)
- ⅓ cup frozen mango or strawberries
- 2 tablespoons packed fresh mint leaves
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of hemp hearts or raw almonds
Add all ingredients to the blender and mix thoroughly. Now you’re ready to take on anything life throws at you.
Blue Peanut Butter Bomb
- 1 ½ cups Spinach
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries
- ¼ cup yogurt or kefir
- 1 ripe Banana
- Splash of coconut or almond milk
- ½ Tablespoon Creamy Peanut Butter
Mix, then blend. Add more or less milk to make it the consistency you prefer. ENJOY!!!